Havreballe Forest

Photo: Mads Jensen
Attractions
Natural areas
Until 1896 Havreballe Skov (forest) and the rest of the Marselisborg Skovene (the Marselisborg Forests) belonged to a manor the home farm of which was situated in the northern part of the forest where Marselisborg Gymnasium (Marselisborg Grammar School) stands today.
Address

Havreballe Skovvej 11

8000 Aarhus C

Contact

The original name of the farm was "Havreballegård", however, in 1680 it changed its name into "Marselisborg" with the new owner Baron Constantin Marselis. In 1896 Aarhus Kommune (the municipality of Aarhus) entered into possession of the manor and the forest.
 
In 1904 a restaurant was built in Havreballe Skov. Later the area known as "Tivoli Friheden" was converted into an amusement park, which is situated at the same location today.

Address

Havreballe Skovvej 11

8000 Aarhus C

Facilities

Forest for dogs

Forest

Lake

Marked-out routes

Covered campfire

Walking route

Tables and benches

Related products

See more
Opdateret af: