The oldest part of the Aarhus District General Hospital dates back to 1893. It was designed by the architect Thomas Arboe.
The part of the hospital which was built in 1935 was designed by the architects C F Møller and Kay Fisker. Several buildings have been added over the years. During a fire in 1990 some parts of the hospital were damaged. The buildings were re-inaugurated in 1994.
In 2004 AarhusDistrictGeneralHospitalmerged with Aarhus Amtssygehus (CountyHospital) to form Aarhus Sygehus (AarhusHospital). In 2011SkejbyHospital,AarhusUniversityHospital, andAarhusHospitalmerged to formAarhusUniversityHospital.
During the next decade Aarhus University Hospital will be moving to a large, new-built university hospital in Skejby on the outskirts of the city. The hospital will then be located entirely in one location.
Source: http://www.jmhs.dk/History/HistoryAarhusKommunehospital.htm (in Danish only)