The building at Vestergade 4-6
The building at Vestergade 4-6 dates back to 1761 and was extended to two stories in 1801. Later (1846-47), extensions were added along Von Hattenstræde.
The building, which is classified as a conservation-worthy property, used to house a printing press.
The oldest part of Vestergade, the narrow stretch from Store Voldgade to Håndværkerforeningen, was called Vesterstræde in olden times and is now the longest shopping street in the city.
The Foundation for the Preservation of Historic Buildings in Randers renovated the building in 2000 and it now contains seven apartments and a shop.