The donor of the land on which the church was built, counsellor of state M.P.Bruun, set one condition - that the church should be built facing town.
The church was designed by the architect Th. Walter and was consecrated in 1887. It has two towers and is similar in ground plan to that of the Roman basilica with its high nave and slightly lower aisles and aspe. Entry via the side door to the east.
Sankt Pauls Kirkeplads 1
8000 Aarhus C